Search This Blog

2005/01/30

Tasmania.

It's a bright sunny day and I've just finished breakfast... My friend Pat and Joan have joined me in the parlor, the sun is streaming in the window and we are relaxing in our pajamas over a leisurely breakfast. Our accommodation is at Granny Smith's cottage. It looks forever like a small English 30's House with latticed windows, formal and informal parlors, and the decor is definitely of a past era. My bedroom has a small sitting room agenda and I can imagine days spent knitting and sewing listening to the old bakelight radio in the corner. It also reminds me of my Grandparents house.
We're in the town of Stanley in the North West of Tasmania. I taught for two days and we had a get together last night with quilting friends from further afield.
As this is a new feature I will take a little time to put up the photos on the web... I'm still negotiating my way around this site.

It was just wonderful to come back to visit the gals at Smithton. Renewing friendships and catching up with news of the past year.

What a privilige to be in the position of sharing my ideas on quilting with friends made through quilting.

This is a short note, but I will have more time to work on this format in the next few days.