Search This Blog

2006/11/15

November 4th

900 photos, lots of video and a great deal to share. This will be the last of the Houston blogs, now I will go back to the old one.
I interviewed an Australian quilter on camera today. She was just so impressed by the friendliness and kindness of everyone she has met here in the USA. I concur it’s the most wonderful environment to work in. I count myself as very lucky... sometimes I have to pinch myself.
To the girls in Stanley Tasmania... Angela is doing well and going to the basketball tonight!!!!
Barb, I found the book at last. It’s interesting, there are a number of projects to do in the back, quite simple but using her method of no sewing on paper for foundation piecing... an idea I applaud.

I found a great new tool at superior, its called a “Superior Snipper” and I can’t wait to try it out. It’s 3 tools in one, it has a curved blade to use as a seam ripper a harp blade to clip the thread flush with the fabric and can also be used as an awl.
I had an interesting experience last night when I introduced some of my quilting Tutor friends to Keith at dinner. He now knows that there are others out in the world as crazy as I.
We talked about being disoriented at times. You know when you stay in so many hotels... sometimes you wake up and don’t know where you are.
Carol Doak related a fabulous story. She woke one night and getting up couldn't find her way around the dark room. Suddenly she put her hand on a very large foot in the other bed. her heart thumped... who was this person in her room... it was obviously a male foot. she gingerly found her way to the light and then realized it was her husband and she was home, not in a hotel room.... Carol has the most wonderful laugh.... she had us in stitches.
Believe me folk it happens...!!! We all had similar stories and Keith was amazed.
Dianne Gaudinsky wonders how I find myself in funny situations,
She left with Keith and I and I told her I could get the Hilton to drop us off at our hotels just by asking for a car.
Out we go to the lobby. I ask for a car to the Hyatt.... certainly madam.... Dianne was impressed.... in the mean time, the cute porter took a liking to my jacket and asked if he could stroke it!!!! I mean really. Now Dianne believes my stories, even with Keith standing there!!!!

I have made a page of photos of some of the quilts... so if you would like to see it, just email me, it’s not for public viewing, just blog friends....

Illustrated blog on

http://web.mac.com/pamholland3/iWeb/Site%202/Welcome.html