Search This Blog

2005/12/20

People.....

This weather is just crazy... 3 days ago I had gals in my shed working on projects and we had the heater on.... Today it's the aircon and the temp rose to 39 deg.... I wasn't too fussed because I had the rest of the Christmas shopping to do, but I must admit I enjoyed the experience of people watching more than the shopping. I just wish I could whip the camera out and snap the images I fleetingly see as I walk around.
There was an elderly man, probably waiting for his wife.... he was sitting with his hand holding his cheek and he was fast asleep oblivious to the hustle and bustle going on around him... I wonder if I will fall asleep so easily when I'm old?
There were 6 little girls of Asian origin playing Christmas carols on the violin.... Quite badly really, but they were so cute.
I think red shoes are are definitely a fashion statement... I saw lots walking by today. Even chartreuse ones!!!!! Those of you who know me well, know I have a passion for bright coloured shoes....
I was in a lift with 2 of the most elegant African women and their children... I just enjoyed the experience and the little boy about 3, brushed my hand as they left... so his sister ran back to do the same before the door shut.... that brings a smile to the face.!!!! I remember, when our son Benny came from Mauritius aged 8...he only spoke French, held your face in both hands and kissed you on each cheek and said "Ooh La la"... Now at 28, he says, G'day Mum... got anything to eat...?
The drivers were pre-occupied on the road today too, in the past two days I've had to avoid 4 drivers changing lanes without signals...
So home I came to the shed which has had a little re-vampover the past few weeks.... I discarded some 5 large garbage bags of fabrics and projects...they will be used by the SA quilt guild Charity Group...I installed new drawers where I can see clearly see the fabric ... and yes, I know every piece of fabric I possess... even in each of the 75 drawers.
My doves have given me a lot of joy since I've been home... they live just outside the shed and spend the mornings and early evenings peeking in at me.... one game girl came and visited the other day, but I didn't think I should encourage her....
I wanted to thank you for the great emails in acknowledgement to my Christmas letter... I count you all as friends....
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.