Search This Blog

2006/09/08

LA traffic

Driving a car and taking photos at the same time is a health hazard. I would have given anything to share the excitement of driving back into the city of LA on Monday. There were 7 lanes streaming this way and 7 lanes going in the other direction. The access roads and a train down the centre add a little more confusion. You feel as if you are in a track of moving ants. Sometimes we got to speeds of 65 mph, other times down to 5 mph.
But we did it and it’s a bit like climbing Mt Everest to conquer those roads.
Our trip home went without any dramas. However, it was the first time I have had to travel without a moisturiser, toothpaste and lippy. I felt like a dried prune when I got home. However, it seems we can use those products on our planes now….
I was home for less than 24 hours and flew out to NSW for the DUQ Indulgence Festival.
I’ve had a great time so far. My students made wonderful quilts over the past couple of days.
At one stage I heard a burst of laughter. Curious I found the reason for the mirth. One gal needed a certain fabric for her quilt. Her trousers were just the right colour she decided. So she undid the hem and cut a bit out…. Only to find it wasn’t suitable after all. I love the dedication of quilters.!!!!!
I’ve managed to add a few more classes to the web page and also the photos of Capistrano.
I’ve had requests to use my photos off the web page for classes. I’m happy for them to be used. It you contact me I will send a larger file.
I now get to have a break for a little while and I’m working in on two interesting projects during that time. I’ll share them with you in a few weeks.