Search This Blog

2005/05/01

Spring Quilt Market 2005

Have you ever thought how the goods get from designer to consumer?
I'm lucky to be at Quilt Market in Kansas City.
I must admit, I haven't seen too much of the city but I did visit a few shops the other day and I thought you may like to share a visit with me.
Harpers Fabric an Quilt Co.
It's a great shop, beautifully decorated with friendly staff. Fabrics range from pastels to the latest vintage and I was really impressed by the samples they had on display. I think you can tell a lot about a shop by the samples they share with their customers.
It is nestled in a great little street of exclusive shops and supports a wonderful coffee shop over the road.
Prairie Point Another shop will a large range of fabrics...they state they have some 5000 bolts. Great staff and once again an impressive environment to peruse fabric.
Quilters Have, I can't find a web page for this shop...
These three shops are quite close together and it was great doing our own shop hop.
There is an amazing book out which gives directions to many quilt shops in the USA... it's almost as big as a telephone book.
Keith and I used it a lot in our last trip... and then set the GPS to the address published... it worked a treat every time.
Now I figure with 22 million quilters in the USA we could actually produce a quilters GPS!!!! What do you think?

I purchased a pattern and fabric for a Jacket... Now I just need to make it up....


Fabric is around $8/$10 per yard