Search This Blog

2005/05/09

Back in OZ

I’m sitting in the Qantas Club in Sydney supping on cappuccino, crackers and dip…
She-Daisy resonates in my ears and I’m actually in a world of my own. I will get home at about 11.00 pm.
Just finished a delightful weekend with the Australian Quilt History Group. I gave a talk on Friday evening and classes yesterday and today… not bad considering I have only been back from USA for 5 days….
However… I admit to crashing on the settee for about 5 hours straight the day I arrived home…. The limbs went into free fall and said stay. The brain froze and I don’t know an antidote to 40 hours of traveling.
First stop on my way home was the local café to get a proper latte and then I could say “I’m finally home”
Next day I had time to play with my precious grandson Kodi, have a haircut, got the nails done and attended to the washing, shopping and spent time with the Travel Agent to organize the next tour. I admit with my hand on my heart to driving on the wrong side of the road (for a short distance) of sending out incorrect patterns to a client of almost missing the plane to Sydney and forgetting the time and waking Keith up an hour early to pick up son Jamie from the airport.
I was terrified I would forget something for the business case and checked it numerous times through the fog…. But the classes were super and the students moved mountains…and I took all the correct class handouts. !!!! whew.
I have 4 weeks home, but they will be busy with classes and I have a long tour to prepare classes for. However, I don’t have to catch a plane for two weeks at least….