Search This Blog

2005/06/09

Back on line......

Whew, it's been a while, sorry folk..... I've been running on all cylinders since I arrived home from the USA. Now here I am back again.
This time I'll have a break and relax a little.!!!!!!
In the time I was home I completed a couple of projects for a quilt magazine and fabric company. Visited Sydney and gave a lecture and classes to the Australian Quilt History List. What a great bunch of gals...Sent my quilts to the Paducah Quilt Museum for three months ...eeek..Taught portraits and Landscapes to the gals at the SA quilt Guild for 3 days, another super class.
Last weekend I flew over to Waverley and taught at their symposium and gave the after dinner talk... Or should I say ramble... flew home and then caught the plane on Tuesday to spend 33 hours traveling to Minneapolis.
I had an interesting trip from LA to Chicago. 4 hours flying. The gal next to me arrived and spent ages on the floor of the plane securing her bag under her seat.... Closer inspection showed she had arrived with her moggie... all wrapped up in a rug and secured in a bag... The cat slept all the way....Unfortunately the gal went troppo... poor thing she had an anxiety attack... she tried to stifle her yells by placing her hand over her mouth, then cried into her lap and held onto my leg.... it was real exciting. Thankfully she popped a lot of Valium and I patted her arm.... for on and off for 4 hours.
We arrived in Chicago early (thankfully) but had to wait on the tarmac for 3/4 hour in a plane jam. We just made it to our next flight and I loaded up with starbucks and a trip to the loo and we took off for our next flight.... Honeys, there was still a plane jam, 35 planes in a line, waiting and waiting... We took off an hour late but at least my neighbor just went to sleep.
Now to relax.....

Goals are dreams with a deadline.

-Dottie Walters, entrepreneur, writer, and inspirational speaker