Search This Blog

2005/06/24

Just plain basics....

The washing is done... The nails need doing, I've attended to contracts and business on the internet, written to the family in tears, organized airfares to venues in Australia and made changes to plans in the USA...
Now I'm ready to teach for the day....
It's so important to have space and time to yourself when you are teaching and traveling. My hotel room is my home, my sanctuary, my office. However, I never seem to spend enough time there...
What a great couple of days we have had... It's really hard to describe how much I enjoy coming to the Ice House. The gals here are the epitome of the idea of the quality of life in quilting... as one gal said yesterday "it's cheap therapy", and talking of therapy...These gals do it right... They have an on site massuese... appointments are made in half hour increments and the gals pop off for a massage at their allotted time.... Fantastic..
Some of my gals were in the room at 8.00 am and didn't finish till midnight... That's what I call determination...
The quilts looked wonderful, it was a relaxed and rewarding class. After a re-union dinner hosted by Dear friend Jill we returned to class and watched two more episodes of the Vicar of Dibley... So I've added some new genres to my role as Tutor, I add DJ because we have selected music in class and Movie presenter... I set up the digital projector and we have full size movies in the evening.
Talking of the re-union, my friends who came on my tour to Australia have flown in from all over the USA to meet and relive our wonderful trip to Australia last year.... it's just darn exciting.

"It's not me who is dancing too fast
It's the violins that play too slowly."

- Marie Duplessis, nineteenth-century socialite