Search This Blog

2005/06/09

Day of Contrast.

Oh I forgot to tell you of my foray into TV News....We did a story last week just before I went to Melbourne.. The local news staff arrived at the shed and we spent a few hours filming and chatting... I was quite pleased with the results...!!!and it sure was an interesting experience.
Back to the US
I'm traveling with my buddy Kathy. We are members of the S&B Quilt Group. Next week we will be joined by Mary.
Our first step on arrival was to pick up our car.... a brand new blue people mover, a Chrysler something. OK, so I put in my GPS and somehow the maps I used last year had disappeared so we had to wing it out of the airport... I'm choofed we did really well and we found out accommodation with just one or two wrong turns. Mary will bring all the software for an update.
Sleep evaded us so we took off for the Mall of America. You should see this place, it's the biggest Mall in the world. I love it, and of course the sales are on folk.!!!
http://www.mallofamerica.com/
Finally we could sleep. Not even the huge storm which produced flood watches and tornado like characteristics...woke us....I woke at four to hear the windows hissing... then promptly fell back to sleep!!!!
Another visit to the mall this morning produced some interesting bargains and then we took off for Duluth
It's about a 2 hour drive and after a few stops to shop we made it at about 6.00 pm. The temperature dropped 40 degrees and we arrived in heavy fog wind.
Tomorrow we observe the Minnesota Quilt Show and we will keep you up to date on the proceedings.

Some of us have great runways already built for us,
so if you have one,
take off.
If you don't Grab a shovel and build one.