Search This Blog

2005/06/23

Ice House Retreat.

I'm doing what I do best. What I feel most comfortable with. After two weeks traveling I'm back teaching and I've had a great day today....
We are now in Grayling Michigan. Last night we began our retreat with a reception. Good food, great company and a chat with friends... I told a few stories... Mary and Kathy talked about their quilts and I gave a presentation accompanied by a digeridoo and flamenco guitar...(as you do) The local gals displayed their latest round robin quilts. I was really impressed, they have all worked very hard and the quilts are gorgeous. Long chats to friends and family back home finished the day. We are living on site and after a day of Teaching today I ended up teaching in my jamas (the same sleep shorts I left the label in) and entertaining the gals with videos on the big screen. I introduced them to the Vicar of Dibley. The gals have worked through the day and it's now 11.00 pm so I've decided to call it a day.
If you see a photo on the web of a teacher in her pajamas blowing up a 4ft rubber roo in an indescribable place.... It's not me. Honest.
I have put up some new photos on http://community.webshots.com/user/caljin

"He who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love."
St. Basil, Greek religious leader: