Search This Blog

2005/09/09

The West.

Perth has been a little wet and chilly. However, my room is warm and I've had an opportunity to meet up with the quilters of Western Australia.
WAQA Quilt Guild is a large progressive Guild and I've enjoyed the chance to meet some of the members in my classes and lectures. What did we do yesterday... "Through the garden Gate" a class to challenge the creative ideas in all of us. Each student did something different... asked to come to class laden with "garden" fabric... they have designed their own fabric garden and overlaid it with some form of wrought iron, or fence..... The projects look super and I will show you some photos of competed projects tonight..
I met up with 11 gals I correspond with in the online Scquilters group last night.
The restaurant was located at the beach. There was a gale force wind blowing and it was difficult to stand upright as we made our way from the car to he restaurant door. However, once inside the conversation flowed freely and we shared a wonderful meal and new ideas.
So I'm off to spend another day with the students... this is a wonderful secret folks...I'm paid to share my ideas and enjoy myself... OK, there is a lot of hard work behind the scenes.. but I count myself as lucky....