Search This Blog

2006/10/02

New Era Quilt.

The quilt is the picture on the bottom.... The fish swimming under the waterlillies. I haven't quilted it yet, but it will be heavily quilted....

The picture in the middle is where the idea came from, if you have been following the blog, these are photos I took in Capistrano California. The carp with their incredible colors...The waterllillies, one of which is some 2 Ft across, the small one is 1 Ft. I used jusdt two colours of Batik for these.
I think I showed the drawings of the waterlilly as I traveled.
The carp are floating in a black background which is the pool.
I have quite a bit of illustration to do on the waterlilly leaves and then thread work.
The carp are going to be trapuntoed... A simple quilt, but been on my mind for a month or so in between the Bayeux.

If you wish to see the method and a clearer picture just visit my website.

www.pamhollanddesigns.com and go to "the quilt I'm working on at the moment."