Search This Blog

2006/10/18

Writing, writing.

One can certainly do a lot in 14 days..!!!!
It's 14 days since I've had time to write to the blog. To be honest, I've have been writing solidly. A 40 page pattern book, magazine articles, a small booklet and my Resume of classes. That darn thing comes in book form which now runs to 80 pages.!!!!
You can see it on the web page....
So there was just no time for the blog and today I got a friendly reminder from one of my blogees.!!!!
Add to that my computer crashed last week and I lost absolutely everything off the hard drive. 2 books in progress and several presentations....Including the pattern book.XXXXXX
I could have wept, (I did swear) but darn it, what's the use.
So I've spent hours re-installing and backing up.
I hope to get some free patterns up on the web page in the next week or two... but with the hard drive crash, I had a little hiccup.
It's been nice to be home spending time with the family and catching up with friends. I'm working on my major project... All I can say is that it excites me more than anything else I have ever done. As I mentioned before, I try to fit in 4 hours work a day on it, however, sometimes it gets left for a day and then I work 20 hours straight.
I had a few days in Queensland, no major adventures, no muggings, no dramas on planes, no cats under the seats or ladies having a panic attack, but I did go to the Dixie Chicks and saw a concert of the Young Divas.... all in the same day. Wow !!!
It wasn't overkill, just thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think my ears would recover after the Dixie Chicks concert, we sat just 6 rows from the front... it was fantastic and we spent a lot of time on our feet.
Visited with friend Di and Co, and spent an afternoon on the Brisbane River and dinner at a super Moroccan restaurant after a day of hard work (quilting stuff)
Last week, Sunday in fact, Keith and I took Benny (28) to the Dixie Chicks here in Adelaide so I repeated the performance... but I behaved myself in front of family...not too much jiggling.
I would have embarrassed some of my Aussie buddies and made proud my American buddies as I stood for the American National Anthem... I looked around and I was only one of a handful....OK, so I stand for the Australian Anthem and God Save the Queen....the South African and Chilean.... Just think it's good manners really.
For those of you who remember, Karen and Matt's accident 3 years ago. This week is the anniversary, and is always a difficult time. Karen's Parents, Matt and some of his friends and Keith and I are going down to the Great Ocean Road for a remembrance ceremony and to scatter Karen's ashes...
It's a bit soon after Dad's death, bit hard really, but we need to support Matty.
Just a few days after that I fly out again.
I have 10 days at Houston, Keith will join me on the 1st... then we have a week in Orlando Florida and then Hawaii, so keep tuned.