Search This Blog

2006/04/25

Flo No-Bull


Meet my friend Flo.
Flo No-Bull in fact. Flo and I spent a hilarious morning yesterday filming a segment for my class in Coffs Harbor at the weekend.
Flo is a quite talented quilter and instructs viewers through the intricacies of making a block.
40 ladies will enter into a sewing frenzy with Flo and 3 quilt police to guide them through the class. Cheating is encouraged and prizes and certificates awarded. I can't say any more.... it's top secret.
We laughed so much while we were making it. The dogs decided to have a play fight right in the middle of filming... and we think we're darn clever... It's a bit of a worry when you see yourself on the screen and laugh!!! is there a name for that?

I've had an idea for a while now to develop smaller classes...One day classes in fact. I'm very fond of vintage.... you know, pinnys, doilies, old post cards etc. So the new class evolved. Vintage Post Card Quilts.... easily achievable in one day. They are small, but I can teach machine appliqué, Drapplique and machine quilting all in one hit......
I've also been working on a new wool quilt project based on the 1776 quilt. These are hand appliquéd blocks in wool. Quite quick to do and they look just great.
I'm off the Coffs Harbor on Friday, but having these few days home has been just wonderful.

"She listened to her heart above all the other voices" Celebrate her wisdom