Search This Blog

2006/05/31

A quiet time...

The past few days have been rather quiet and lacking in adventure…. The weather is wonderful and Long Prairie is in the bloom of summer. The lilacs in the gardens are sending out their heady perfume, the trees bright green and the undergrowth seems to grow an inch or two each day.
From the windows here, we have watched rabbits, raccoons and all manner of birds… woodpeckers, wild canaries and even a brilliant red jay…
I’m learning the intricacies of film editing, podcast broadcasting and designing a super new web page… I’m set up here in the Gazebo with two computers… two cameras and at times a cloud of confusion which is punctuated by a good movie and coffee…
I’ve had time to wade through some wonderful books. Anne Knudsen from Breckling Press my publisher gave me the latest book from Nancy Crow… and Joan and I have great delight in reading it… if you get the chance to purchase one, it is a wonderful insight into her creativity and personal journey through her art.
Well it’s 7.30 am and I answered all my letters, and now it’s time for Simply quilts…. What a way to begin a day…