Search This Blog

2006/05/29

Rest Day.

10.30 at night and it's still in the 90's.
I've spent the day resting and working in turn....We've not been out because both Joan and I have allergies....It should be short lived though.....
I've a new computer, an editing program and I'm learning the intracies of film editing and production... I have my first official showing in a few weeks so the pressure is on.
No shopping tours, or bargains for the past few days... But I still have to share with you the great quilts I found.....
I spent the past two days in the cities (Minneapolis and St Paul) and caught the shuttle home yesterday afternoon....
The mall of America was buzzing with people in their summer clothes.... It's the official start of summer and school is now out.
As you drive through the small towns there is evidence of graduation parties everywhere... It's quite a big thing here and families come from miles around to celebrate.
It's Memorial Day tomorrow and a public holiday. Joan and I will go to the service and parade in the morning... It is similar to our Anzac Day.... the sad thing is that there have been several thousand young Soldiers killed over the past few years in Iraq...
I just sat very quietly and watched the racoons feeding in the dim light of the evening... it's still hot and the forecast is for hotter tomorrow....