Search This Blog

2006/05/07

So many things to do and just not enough time.

I know I shouldn’t wish for more time, but I just darn well do.
The season has changed and it’s only 9 deg here tonight… the leaves have turned red, the moss on the trunks of the trees looks more somber, the rain plays games with the light as it filters through the Gazebo and I feel like sitting in front of the fire and eating toast and vegemite.
So it’s time to go again. I’m off tomorrow to Queensland for 6 days, home for a day and then back to the USA.
I arrived home from Coffs Harbor on Thursday and immediately did a detour to the newly opened IKEA… Hmm I see potential there.
The evening was spent reading a cookbook through the AGM of the Quilters Guild of SA. Sad, but true.
I relaxed a little with a new computer on Friday, unpacked the cases and washed. Visited the Dr for a refill of a prescription and she told me to change my lifestyle... how cheeky, I'm sure she's only 12.... "Why do you smile" she says....
Don't you just hate taking advice from someone less than half your age?
Spent the day in family confusion on Saturday and worked on my major project…. I begin, then get so deeply immersed that I can’t stop. It’s frustrating.
Saturdays have always been a joy to me. When the children were little, we always had interesting things to do, like sport and other adventures… we generally had guests for dinner who had large families… so with 20 or more kids and four adults who played cards into the night… it was always a happy time.
My Saturdays are usually spent away from home now, but this Saturday was a bonus, I get to spend it with the family.
It began with Callie running into the shed sobbing deeply. She had just read the paper and the story about the little girl who had been so seriously injured for the second time by a run away driver. So we chatted and had a coffee….and Callie cooked me porridge. I cleaned up and retired to the shed.
Son Joshua, a chef, decided to cook steak and eggs. NO he never cleans up properly…….!!! So I cleaned again.
Callie decided to cook scones…… NO she never cleans properly either….!!! So I cleaned once again.
Daughter Rachael, heavily pregnant, arrived for me to show her how to take up her latest purchases… Kodi, aged two decided to ride his motor bike through the shed and make a nest with the paper from the shredder…..!!! OK, now shall we all vacuum the cars? Just outside the shed mind you….Well, we might as well use the vacuum to get rid of the shreddings that Kodi distributed….
Son Benjamin arrived for a coffee and cookies and some advice.
12.00 I was off to the hairdresser…. “Sorry, she said, I’m running late, come back in an hour…..”!!! “Oh no”, I said, “I’ll wait” I sank down into the black leather sofa, read the gossip about the movie stars collagen failures and relaxed quietly while the family demolished the scones and jam and cream at home…
I came home and cleaned up again, the family went out and I retired to the settee and promptly fell asleep.
Such is my life on a Saturday at home. !!!

“She decided to enjoy more and endure less” Celebrate her choices