Search This Blog

2006/06/09

On the plane again.

No work yesterday, but a great field trip to Walla Walla and Pendleton.
The road wound through lush green rolling hills, and dipped down to a large silver river, I think it was called the Colombia River.
Of course the first stop was a quilt shop…. The Walla Walla Sew & Vac and Spas
I don’t have a web site for them …but I managed to purchase some wonderful Moda fabric that will match the pictures in my kitchen… it’s actually already pieced for me…. I feel a little embarrassed really…but what the heck.
On we went to Pendleton, which is the home of Pendleton Woolen Mills and the wonderful blankets they make… this is cowboy country… I had a laugh as we followed an elderly cowboy in his car… he had huge steer horns on the bonnet and what appeared to be his entire wardrobe hanging very neatly in on a string in the back seat.
Pendelton Quilt Works was our next stop after an Italian lunch Pendleton Quilt works
It’s a delightful shop full of interesting quilts and projects and staff to keep you entertained.. We spent an hour or more there. My companions, Barbara, Karen, and Marilyn did a little damage with their credit card.
I don’t get a day off very often when I’m teaching and the gals decided that I wasn’t going to work in my room, but see the sights of a small part of Washington and Oregon…We talked about the differences in Quilting in the USA compared to Australia… we shared stories of our quilting experiences and became friends through the joy of quilting.
Today was a teaching day… a little rushed, but I think everyone learned the techniques… the girls are talking of getting together to continue their projects.. and I look forward to the results…We held it in yet another shop and I feel really embarrassed I can’t remember the name… however, I will look it up and correct this blog.
To everyone in the Sew Q guild, Kennewick Washington I thank you for your wonderful Hospitality. It was above and beyond.
Travel tomorrow and the next day and the next day and then I’ll be home, tired but excited to meet Miss Matilda Rose South.