Search This Blog

2006/06/19

Special things

I gave my 2 year old grandson Kodi a quilt recently. It's one from the stash... one that I made many years ago. It's a large quilt... (I was into large in those days.)It is folded and placed over the rocking horse when he goes to bed and then has to come out first thing in the morning...
He was away all day today and the first thing he wanted when he returned was to have his quilt laid out on the floor.
It's a busy quilt... with lots of chickens and cows, houses, blocks and flowers.... yep, you can tell the era.... mid 90's. Debbie Mum stuff with the compulsory sunflower fabric that always accompanied the houses, chickens and cows and country.
The quilt I began making him when he was born is assembled, but not quilted and isn't as interesting to him as this one.!!!
I never imagined when I made this quilt that I would have a grandson who would appreciate it so much...
I couldn't have given him a better gift.
Life's like that though isn't it. We go through life and a series of events is suddenly connected despite the passage of time.

I've been home 7 days and I finally put in a full days work today....I have to multitask to fit everything in.... but I'm getting there.
Family comes first....so a family dinner yesterday with our newest member "Matilda Rose" present was the usual interesting meal at the Hollands. Those who couldn't be there got to talk on the phone....it takes a while when you even the grandchildren have to have their say.
I don't know about you, but I love to get out the good china and the best cutlery... and do it just right. So it ends up being a grand affair.
As I sat there yesterday I realized that I am truly blessed. However, there was a lot of discussion around the table when Kodi's Mum told the story of how she wanted Kodi to come and watch childrens television yesterday. "No, I'm watching Quilting with Bamma" he said and settled down on the settee as the simply quilts music announced the show....his Mum rolled her eyes... A general discussion ensued. The result.... It's time Mother caught the plane again before Kodi is corrupted with quilting.....!!!!!