Search This Blog

2006/06/06

travel

Traveling in the USA is very different to traveling at home…
We just get on a plane and go directly to our destination….Not so here.
I’m in Kennewick Washington State… and I left Long Prairie on Saturday morning to get here on Sunday.....
Long Prairie is about 150 miles from the airport and takes about 2½ hours to get there… the problem is there is only one shuttle a day and that’s at 7.00am.!!!! So off to the cities I went at 7.00 in the morning and spent the day working in the Hotel…. Oh and of course… a little visit to the mall!!!!
4. 30 start on Monday and the 4 hour flight to Seattle Washington left at 7.00 am…. Despite being at the airport some 2 hours earlier than my take off time, I only had 10 mins to get a coffee and a scone.
I have to say most people slept a little on the flight… the guy next to me leaned forward, put his head on the front seat and snored for several hours… I was hoping I didn’t have to go the loo or else I would have had to perform some interesting maneuvers to get past him!!!
Seattle Airport was like a maze.. so down the stairs and 3 different train trips found me at the correct departure gate… a rush to get a sandwich and then I was off to my destination… the scenery was magnificent and at 11.00 am (1.00 pm MN time) I arrived….. Now you really have to think about sustenance because you don’t get fed on the plane… so a little strategy before you leave must take place so you don’t fade away……

I was met by Jo Beth and Karen and taken to lunch….and spent the rest of the day working in my suite…
My darn computer doesn’t like the wireless signal in the room…. So after 3 hours I figured out the problem a decided to start the computer under the bed. Voila…. It worked… I wrote lots of emails on my stomach… but have worked out I can work in the dining room without too much problem….
So it took two days in transit to travel the distance from Adelaide to Sydney !!!!!

Lucky I love planes….!!!!