Search This Blog

2006/06/20

Thelma and Louise

My Buddy Lisa sent me the picture and sentiments below.... but her card reminded me of our Thelma and Louise Trip.
We hired silver a Pontiac Transam with wings and double exhaust pipes...
Larry insisted we pack a pistol....so he laid 8 out on the bench and I picked the cutest one. Needless to say it stayed in the glove box the entire time which I never opened.
First part of the trip was to tart ourselves up... so we had our nails done and encrusted with 10 cent diamonds!!!! They were beautifully done by a little Vienamese girl who put her hands on her hip as we walked in the door and said....
"Show me your money Honey"
The car was laden with diet coke and potato chips accompanied by good ole country music on the radio.... "Where were we going".... who knew...we just went.
Down route 66, into Las Vegas, up to the Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon in Utah.... down through native American Country. We stopped for quiltshops, Antique shops and Rodeos..... 9 days on the road and we never ran out of things to say....
Time we did it again girl.
Everyone needs a Thelma and Louise Trip sometime in their life.