Search This Blog

2005/08/08

Life's Interesting.

Late Sunday evening and I've prepared for a 4.00 am early morning call for a 7 am flight. I usually get up early, but the early hours are beginning to take their toll. I've averaged 5 hours sleep a night for the past week because I'm working on projects and research. I will be traveling all day tomorrow and I know I will be able to sleep on the plane to LA...
Just 5 days till I go home.....
I had great classes at Quilt University aided by patient and thoughtful students and supportive organizers. Class went so quickly today I didn't even get an opportunity to take photos.
The time spent with fellow Tutors has been wonderful, we laughed at shared experiences both good and interesting!!!!!!
My life here in the USA is hard for my friends back home to understand, but as Traveling Tutors we share common interests.

Highlights this past week have been being welcomed with a big bag of luscious goodies in my hotel room.
The surprise of a spa in my room.
Shared breakfasts at Big Boy in a convertible booth.
Assisting the window cleaner of Big Boy with his allotted task.
Dressing in my glad rags and giving a lecture where I had a runway to perform on.(I was in heaven)and I used to be shy - Truly.
Relaxing in the spa, with chocolates and the TV on, then I realized it was the weather channel instead of something interesting.
A Phone call arrived while I was in the spa... I told the caller I couldn't talk as I was in the spa with the Weather Man... The phone hung up.....eek there will be more rumors to add to the piercing and the super glue stories...
Visits with students in the common room after dinner who sat patiently and waited for their turn for a massage. The place was buzzing with talk, show and tell and smiling faces...
This evenings meal at Red Lobster and a large Margarita with friends.
An email from a student from last year who said how much my class had meant to her.. I told her she could do it... and she sure did....
My quilting buddies back home who held a quilt show with our combined quilts and raised $2000 for the Local Nursing Home....
Ok, Ok, sure there was one interesting incident that I have never encountered before... and I'm going to keep you guessing...I'll just say we had security on alert for a few days...!!!!

Happy Birthday to Daughter Callie....