Search This Blog

2005/08/25

On the road again

The heater is glowing, 3 globes have blown in the shed and I'm too short to reach the 25 ft ceiling... So I'm working in a rosy glow of limited light....
I was asked by a gal following the blog if I was met when I arrived home? I made mention that Husband Keith was unsure if he could pick me up when I arrived home because of the footy finals!!!! Thankfully he was joking and yes I had a great reception...
It's been a busy week and I've had enquiries why I haven't written the blog.... Simply, just not enough time. I was home four days then flew to Victoria and taught at the Ballarat retreat all weekend. I enjoyed it, 20 great students, good food, good company and I get paid... what more can I ask?
Tuesday, friend Di came down from Queensland for some R&R, lots of laughs and a little business. Now the hard work begins. I have to design, make and write up a new quilt and pattern then fly to Sydney on Monday...However, the project is not public knowledge yet, but all will be revealed in the next month or so...just let me say it's a new venture and I have to have my hair and makeup done!!!!!
It's so nice to be home.. a bit cold, but still it's just plain nice. I can lay on the settee with dog Ralf on my chest and fall asleep until the early hours. Grandson Kodi has been a constant visitor as has Grandson Jordan, who loves my cooking... Last night we had a treat.. Son Josh, decided to cook, folk his meal was heaven... garlic mash topped with melt in your mouth rib eye steak, topped with baked prosciutto and caramalised shallots and blue cheese sauce.... I had dinner ready in the fridge... but my soup and salad, took a back seat with this offering. By the way, he is a chef..... I love those impromptu meals...
Husband Keith is off at the local Quilt Guild Committee meeting tonight and I'm about to begin my drawings for the next few days work.
What's on for the next few weeks? I'm off to Cummins in the mid north to teach, then a few days home and off to Perth... a few more days home and off to Toowoomba... then England and France... The feet are moving fast folk...
Take care...

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Augustine (354-430)