Search This Blog

2005/10/10

I feel so brave.

I left Gays house in Romsey at 1.30…. I had to drive to Chester, so I set the GPS to Chester and took off. It’s wonderful, it sends me on my way with precision (if you put in the right address that is….) I took off and after 20 miles or so it seemed as if I was retracing my steps to the France Ferry…. Strange, I thought I was supposed to go the other way. So I found a place to get off the freeway. Checked my location and yep… it was actually just backtracking a little… Off again and the traffic was so heavy… 3 lanes each way, the trucks seemed to multiply with each mile and everyone went faster than ever…. I have a little bubble car folks… a bit nerve racking. I drove for hour after hour, and on and on….finally arriving at Chester at 8.00. Why so long to travel 555 kms… well I reckon we had to queue about 20 times… at one stage I was doing 91miles an hour keeping up with the traffic…. Do you know that is 146 kms an hour? I got lost when I arrived in Chester and visited with a big burly taxi driver… it was dark by now, so I think I was very brave… he directed me to the house and I still had difficulty… OK, I’ll use the phone… but the battery went flat.. It’s impossible to find the number of houses in the dark… so after going around one roundabout 6 times… I found a close resemblance of the house no…. darn the guy behind me was beeping madly, so I took off intending to turn into the next house, except there was none it was just black countryside…finally I came to a roundabout and managed to get back to that area… I parked the car and walked to find the No, and there was my hostess waiting for me with a strong coffee and a delicious dinner…. I must say I fell into an exhausted sleep at about 11.00 pm. Another experience under the belt….