Search This Blog

2005/10/21

To London, to London to visit the Queen

How many times have I lugged my case in and out of the car,?.... packed, unpacked. Rearranged.
I’ve met new friends, said goodbye a few days later… I’ve been privileged to share in the lives of like minded people, even if it’s just for a day.
I’ve learnt a lot about quilting in Britain, it’s a history we all share and take by the hand into the future.
I’ve had a couple of days with the Mead Quilters. The nicest ladies. Then yesterday I took off to visit the Queen. Those of you who know me well know I’m a dyed in the wool Royalist….The day was perfect, intermittently sunny with big white clouds. I visited Windsor and yes, the Queen was home but a little busy to entertain me. I understood when I wandered through the rooms of the palace…. My goodness, there’s and amazing amount of dusting and cleaning to be done… so I understood the reason for her absence at morning tea. Stayed in a B&B for the first time last night and relished watching TV in bed.
This morning I took off into a huge storm and I wish I could photograph the events of the next hour or so. The rain was incredibly heavy and driving on an 8 lane freeway was certainly out of my comfort zone…..but I did it…
Received photos today of the cover of my book, so I’m just plain excited…Now off to photo the site of the Battle of Hastings…. (hopefully in the sun)

To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions.