Search This Blog

2006/02/15

Dear Della

I have a very dear friend who is 78, we laugh, think on similar lines and enjoy time together with friends two or three times a year - and when we’re together I just walk a little more slowly.

I have a good friend who is 40….We laugh at the same things, enjoy traveling together, have similar experiences in life…but she walks faster than me only because she’s taller!!!!!

I have a good friend in her mid 60’s. There’s always a smile in her voice whether it’s on the phone, in person or in an email. She’s walks with a spring in her step always.

I have a good friend just a year younger than I who has my same energy level… we laugh all the time. Walking is out of the question when we get together …. We set a fast pace and run.

I have a good friend who is a wonderful listener and adviser. We walk the same walk although we’re different personalities.

I have 100’s of friends I've met in class and on tours. I usually associate that with a fast walk or in fact, at times plain running.

I have a friend in her 70’s who’s struggling right at this moment. Her walk has slowed completely. I wish I could have her walk with me.
Yesterday we traveled all day and in the solitude of a passenger, my friend was utmost in my mind. Last night I couldn’t sleep.

I lost one of my gold bracelets yesterday… I was shattered…. But losing my bracelet pales into insignificance compared with not being able to walk with Dear Della.

And to the person who finds my bracelet, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.