Search This Blog

2006/02/16

Vietnamese Soaps

It was maintenance day today. Haircuts, nails, computer classes and then a movie....
Maintenance on the road is a bit of a chore at times, however, today was interesting. The gal doing my nails was more interested in the soaps on TV.... I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have any nails left as she came at me with the cutter whilst watching the TV. Suddenly she yelled "Oh No"....
It seems that a fight broke out on the TV.... "Do you watch this"? she asked.
"No, what happened" I innocently said. I then had a half hour of entertaining drama performed for me by my Vietnamese nail cosmetician. Sometimes she waved her brushes around in exaggerated fashion. She changed her voice portraying different characters and with her accent it was absolutely charming. I admit to urging her along a little too. !!!I learnt of the naughty daughter who ran over her brother in the middle of the night.... the father with two girlfriends who was going to end it all and really wanted to go to jail because he had nothing else to live for!!!! I don't know the name of the soap, maybe some of you can recognize it...from my relayed information. It was great fun.