Search This Blog

2006/08/11

Darn it

Oh darn it. The TV is full of bad news tonight. We’ve gone from the details of the men captured in Britain plotting a terrible attack on innocent people, to viewing what happens to a plane if a bomb is detonated. Quite frankly, I’m grateful for inland security, I’m grateful for the people who go through my luggage, I’m grateful for the people who care about my safety as I travel. But I’ve heard it all day. I have to travel home on a plane… I really don’t want to hear any more, I actually have to fly next week, so I’m feeling a little uncomfortable. I ate a chocolate, the antidote for nervousness, and we turned the TV to the very positive, bopping travel channel and looked at the ‘positive’ side of travel.
Yesterday I spent the day preparing kits, patterns and making new samples. I took time out to go out to dinner for a steak… the waitress, about 16 had an attitude or maybe a monthly problem, so she’s lucky she got a tip!!! The steak was delicious and made even better by the fact that I now ask for a senior meal without feeling too guilty! I worked late into the evening to the sounds of a documentary on Willie Nelson and fell into bed quite excited that I have had two days pain free after my bout of shingles. Did I tell you I got shingles on my face? The Dr thinks it was as a result of the mugging, and I have been expecting months of pain, however…. I think I’ve beaten it and I’m darn lucky. That’s not to say that I don’t wince if I accidentally rub my hand through my hair or touch my forehead. But the throbbing pain has gone and I’m relieved.