Search This Blog

2006/08/17

It's amazing.

It’s amazing just how much you can fit into a day. !
It’s amazing how many people can touch your life in just one day. It might just be the person behind the counter in the post office. Or the person you speak to in hotel reception. Maybe it’s a student or friend. !
It’s amazing how many folk are interested in what you have to say in a lecture, class or event.!
I’m always amazed at people’s reaction.
After an emotional roller coaster after the past two weeks, my teaching and lecturing have been a wonderfully uplifting experience.
I’m not worrying about the planes,
I’m not changing my luggage, just omitting the lipstick from my bag. I can survive with out lippy surely… and in a wild dare and after a few margaritas I had my eyes tattooed a few years ago so I don’t need mascara. Everyone is going to look as pasty faced as me.
I’ve spent the past few days reviewing the manuscript of my book and listening to Brahms. Finally it is a reality and I’m thrilled. Breckling Press are the publishers and I’m really pleased with the results.
I taught all day on a stormy Sunday… visited 7 antique shops on Monday to purchase a new (antique) quilt….and then gave a lecture…. The car refused to come to life as we were leaving the venue so we had the excitement of a cute young guy in a truck decorated like an American flag come and tow us away. So another night was spent in the city of Brainerd.
I was antsy because I new my book had arrived by UPS…. And it wasn’t until last night I could get my hands on it….it’s a wonderful book and certainly not your average quilt book….
I had lots of tears as I came across the many references to my Dad who passed away two weeks ago… Dad would have loved it….
Another presentation last night and I have just one more class to go before next week. Then I have 10 days off playing in California with daughter Callie and grandson Kodi who are taking advantage of my frequent flyer points…
The bags are packed, superfluous clothes are in a box to go home nestled amongst new books, fabrics and vintage stuff…. Even pepper and salt shakers found in the antique shops… I’m going to fill them with little antique buttons…
Take care folk.