Search This Blog

2005/07/11

How strange life is.

How strange this life is. It's mid summer with very long days and temperatures in the 90's. I am thousands of miles away from home. Despite the frivolity of the blogs I miss home and my family desperately. They write, call and tell me it's pretty darn cold and wet and the winter is progressing with short days and grey weather.
There is beauty and peace all around me in my environment here in the USA. As I look at the beautiful scenery out the window, the TV is showing the current Hurricane Alert in Miami and the Southern States. The graphic scenes portrayed are in contrast to my environment. My friend just emailed me from Alabama and said they are bracing for the worst. I love her sense of humor, she's shaving her legs and washing her hair... at least she states "I'll be well groomed if I have to fight my way out of here"
I spent the day visiting the most beautiful gardens...most of them fronting lakes and as it's mid summer everything looks breathtaking.
Light filters through yellow green leaves and the manicured lawns just just scream "work".....eek.
Standard fare in this temperature are salads and icecream and I must admit to becoming a connoisseur of pecan maple delight. Shorts and T'shirts are the go and bike riding fills the day.
No I haven't stopped working. I now have time to complete some patterns and projects for publication....
I've been working on the research part of my BIG project which is becoming all consuming.
We're off to a chicken dinner by the lake this evening, fine fare and visits with friends as the sun goes down on an interesting day.

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars."
Henry Van Dyke