Search This Blog

2005/07/28

Plane travel

I've just spent the past hour checking my flights.... Did you know you can organize your own seat, and print out a boarding pass..? You can upgrade and almost cook a meal for the flight on the internet. I actually lost a flight, so a little conversation through email re-confirmed my e-ticket.
I had an interesting trip home from Arizona on Sunday. The plane was late out of Flagstaff because it was overloaded... So they took four people off (poor things) and left half an hour late. That meant a little juggling... I had to sprint to catch my next flight in Phoenix.... the computer bag clutched in my hand whizzed along the carpet and my red sneakers really came in handy... I caught the plane as it was boarding.... then of course you hope like hell that the luggage has kept up with you... but there is was in MN. Once again... I had just half an hour from landing to catch my shuttle... so this time I ran with 130 LB of luggage behind me... Needless to say the dislocated finger is now a little worse for wear and has to be strapped....but I caught the shuttle. I must say I slept a lot on the trip. Heat, overwork and altitude all took it's toll.
I got out of Flagstaff just in time... They shut the Uni because 80 folk came down with the Norovirus... !!!!Goodness me.. I just seem to be a little ahead of the interesting stuff, needless to say 2000 folk left the Uni campus in a hurry and we quilters were at the head of the queues.
We converted Joans house into a mini retreat over the past few days... It was super... 5 gals shared lots of chat and laughter... and after the UPS man delivered a wonderful contract yesterday, the margaritas and wine flowed freely.!!!!!!
In the evening I was guest at Little Falls and we shared a fantastic pot luck dinner, a visual and musical presentation and with a little encouragement, some of the delights of a Traveling Quilter.
Today was a business day and I also got to visit several quilt shops in Brainerd... and flapped the cheque book a little.
Life is sure interesting...

"If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip."