Search This Blog

2005/07/19

My adventure with super Glue.

Yesterday I had one of those days... and in the shower that night one of my newly attended finger nails, just dropped off... Darn it. So at lunch time I raced down to Target and purchased some super glue amongst other essentials.
It wasn't until the evening when I was about to go out with my students for tea, that I decided to stick the nail back on... they were waiting for me in the lobby... OK, I still have time to attend the nail... Whoops no scissors to open the glue with.... So God gave us teeth.. but he didn't figure the glue would end up sticking my lip to my teeth.... All I could do was laugh.. I envisaged teaching and lecturing in a most unfortunate way...
After 5 mins of prying.. I freed the lip.. and continued to visit my friends with no untoward effects..
The temperature is still very high and the classroom like a furnace yesterday... I had to do a two day class in one day... I can tell you, at dinner they served me a Margarita in a large coke glass and it sure went down well.