Search This Blog

2006/07/23

Classes in Grayling Michigan

Four days of classes, a reception presentation and an evening spectacular are over and once again I've had a wonderful time with my students. I am always in awe at the results of these classes. This is my 7th year here in grayling. Its an annual event. Great friendships have been made and I get to share the growth of the students every year. Ali from Ice House Quilts is the most sharing and innovative Quilt Shop owner, the shop is a hub for quilters for hundreds of miles around. Most of my students traveled 3 to 4 hours to get here... Some even more. And I get to do it all again tomorrow.
I will put up the photos of the work achieved on the web page.
Thursday evening we began with a walking taco dinner. This is an interesting gastronomic event. Take one small bag of tacos, crush the tacos in the bag, then add hot chili meat sauce, lettuce, cheese, onion, sour cream and salsa, mix it up in the bag and eat as nicely as you can with a plastic fork. It should be accompanied by a little alcoholic delight and friends dressed as bag ladies.... What more can you ask?
Twent six ladies, in teams of three began with two bags of scraps, one light and one dark.
In a two hour frenzy, punctuated by the whistles of the designated Quilt Police, and a lot of cheating. 204 eight inch blocks were completed and will go to make quits for others. It is exhausting, but lots of fun. 10 pm, we all piled I into cars and went to Dairy Queen for an elicit delight. The laughter continued in the carpark as we recounted the funny events of the past few hours.
This is a priviledged way to make a living.