Search This Blog

2006/07/23

An entire week.

I'm finally catching up on the blog. It's a week since the last post and I've traveled half way around the world and been teaching for the past 4 days.
The trip from South Africa was long but not too difficult. I had to wait 4 hours in the hotel from checkout to delivery to the airport. I sat and worked on the computer in the lobby cafe. People came and went and I had a wonderful opportunity to people watch. Another 3 hours in the airport lounge and then a 12 hour plane flight to London. 4 hours in London and 9 hours to Chicago. This flight was the hardest and the most annoying, the young man next to me had a flatulence problem. Everytime he moved I thought "Oh,Oh,not again" In the end I was not too subtle and I demonstrated my feelings by dramatically putting my hand over my face... A few hours in Chicago, and an hours flight to Travis city Michigan. We encountered a huge thunderstorm and our little plane was battered by lightening and a rough ride. I was amused at the check in as the Pilot casually went round talking to passengers. (they needed to download 8) "You don't really want to go across that lake in a thunderstorm do you" !!!! Goodness he managed to put at least 10 people off, but I was going on after traveling so far. 38 hours after I left Johannesburg, I fell into bed in Grayling Michigan. The shower felt good. The bed was soft and I didn't move for 8 hours. I give thanks to everyone who delivered me and my luggage safely. I feel like I'm home again.