Search This Blog

2005/02/09

Crayfish in the Raw

It's 6.30 am in the morning. It's freezing cold and as I sit here looking over the Tamar Valley, the sun is tipping the horizon and the sky changes rapidly from grey, to violet and then an orange blue. Strong, hot coffee is helping.
I've just returned to Launceston after 4 great days in St Helens. The gals were just great. Annie looked after us all very well and even managed to finish her top quilt top ready for quilting.

A surprise gift was a huge live crayfish. I was so excited... He survived the trip home securely tied in his box... He then had a rest in the freezer for a short time until he fell asleep... Then I prepared the water, dropped him in covering my eyes and ears.... Should I become vegetarian?
You know I don't think I will take up producing my own food... give me the supermarket and butcher any time.
Now to prepare for the coming days... The Launceston gals and I will have a couple of days together and then on to Scotsdale and Lillydale.
In the past 39 days I've only slept 2 days in my own bed. 21 more days to go and I can repeat the process.
I travel with printer, computer, and all my files on CD.... You should have seen the face on the car salesman when I auditioned the stuff I carry in the trunk of my quilting car....!!!