Search This Blog

2005/02/10

It's been a long day.

Tasmania put on it's finest today. A mild day with skies of turquoise. The day began with a session by the telly with a cuppa and the happy voice of Alex Anderson on Simply Quilts.
I think I've convinced friend Pat to tape it each day for future reference... You never know what you will learn next. By the way my session of Simply Quilts must have aired in the US... On Monday I received dozens of emails asking about Drapplique. After a visit to Office works to buy pens and finding the shelves empty..... "I've sold all the pens to a group of ladies" !!!! said the assistant. We took off for the historic town of Ross
http://www.rosstasmania.com/about.htm
In rare moments, I think I would love to live in a village like Ross. Then I pinch myself and think of the winters and the tourists and the fact that the Bakery would be rather too tempting.
But I reveled in the beautiful stonework, the colours of hollyhocks framed by hand hewn bricks.
The cemetery holds some wonderful secrets. Sadly some less than normal folk have decimated parts of the old cemetery, many of the early 1800 headstones now lay smashed on the ground.
I am Tasmanian by birth and heart and I feel a sense of disappointment when I see the results of vandalism.
Take care folks. Pam