Search This Blog

2005/02/13

Wooden boats, quilting and sun on my face.

Today began early, however, we made our customary stop for a latte at the exclusive McCafe....
I saw the funniest sight. A family off for the day with their motor bikes and trailing behind the car they towed their porta-loo. One wonders if they if they had an urgency problem. I can just picture them... Stop on the side of the road... Whip into the loo.....!!!
We drove down to Hobart, arriving at around 10 am. A little sneakiness on the part of my sister in law and myself resulted in a surprise visit to my brother, Robert who had flown in from Adelaide to see the wooden boat show as well. Rob, a recently retired Ships Captain was in heaven amongst the salt and sea.
I'm not too rapt in boats, however, the quilt show over the road at the museum was another thing altogether. Put on by a group of local quilters they showcased their talents with professionalism. The show was crowded and it was lovely to see family groups walking around discussing the quilts. Well done gals. Some of the quilts were very innovative.
I have a precious two days to finish paperwork.
As a Tutor I work on the road. I carry a full office, printer and all. So today, it's finish a pattern for a quilt shop. Contracts for 2006 venues, I just learnt that the 1776 quilt automatically goes into Paducah because it won in Nashville in August.... more paperwork. Information to be sent to the US and quilts to design..... It goes on gals, Oh and I need to fit in a little shopping...

What do you do if you get sick here? You can't get into a Dr in Launceston unless you are already a patient... So I have an earache.... "You have to go to the hospital" .... Oh no babe... so I contact my local GP and he sends the prescription I use frequently to the nearest Chemist. You have to learn a lot of tricks on the road.