Search This Blog

2005/04/12

A day off.

It was so nice today to relax and anticipate the day without time schedules.... Joan and I visited the Mall of America once again. Joan,loves Kimonos. There is a shop in the Mall that had antique kimonos out at rather a cheap price... around the $6.00/$10.00 mark. I think 4 big bags of old Kimonos might number about 24...!!!! or something like that. Then she spent every spare minute designing in her mind.
The sales here are unbelievable... most of the new summer garments are already out for 30 to 50% off. Colors are gelati, and a little brighter than they are at home I think.
One of my favorite stores is Chico's
I love the colors and designs....
The Mall is the largest in the USA... Stores are sectioned as North, South, East and West. Believe me you could spend days there. It's so large that many folk go there in the early morning to walk and exercise...What a great idea, specially in the heat of summer or when it's snowing outside... It has carpet to cushion the feet and it's aircondidioned... besides the shop windows are a feast for the eyes.
Next was a visit to Grubers Quilt Shop
Visit the site folks it will blow your mind. This store began in a smallgoods store. When you purchased the fabric and took it home it often smelt of metwurst when you opened the package. Not so now. I can barely describe it... so make a cuppa and drool as you visit the site. I'll be here for some time so I didn't make a purchase. I now only purchase for projects and to be quite honest, I can't fit any more projects in.
In the same complex is the most wonderful antique mall. 24 little shops crammed full of vintage goodies. I purchased vintage patchwork quilt potholders... all manner of old sewing paraphenalia, embroidered doilies, handtowels and a new pinny.... I love old pinnies and have a wonderful collection hanging in my laundry. This one is going into a quilt...!!!
I will put up photos on webshots
Hancocks is over the road and we visited to purchase "Weavers Cloth" for a new idea.
With my new phone functioning I was able to receive calls from home last night.
A quilters day fulfilled I can now get back to the business of designing projects.

An Inspirational day... now back to work.