Search This Blog

2005/04/15

Friendship.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln
As I get older the need to fit more into my life seems to be urge me on.
Quilting has certainly given me that opportunity,
As I write it's early morning and the milky sun is filtering through the trees. In Australia we are never without greenery. There are always some form of plant and trees in bloom. However, there is a a beauty here that I have never experienced before and that's the silhouettes of the trees against the sky. They are totally devoid of foliage. It almost looks like lace. It looked so beautiful in the evening with the sunset over the lake and the trees reflected in profile.
I'm living in a lace world at the moment.

Friendship. After visiting the USA for the past 10 years, I have made a lot of friends. Many are associated with the small town of Long Prairie, and some are through quilting.
Yesterday, Joan and I visited an elderly Aunt. We packed a small case with things we had collected at the Chicago show... and recent purchases. We spent an enjoyable hour sharing everything in the case. Embroideries, the famous Kimonos we had purchased, new ideas in sewing and information on classes attended. As each article was taken from the case, her delight was obvious and infectious.

Our lives are busy and time consumed. Sharing the simple pleasures and being received is a privilege we need to remember.